Updated: February 16, 2022
To be reviewed and updated by the diocesan COVID-19 task force March 15, 2022. Download a PDF copy of this update below.
Recognizing the uniqueness of space/facilities and comfort level of each parish and its members, the following changes are offered to support our shared commitment to the safety and well-being of all who come together in worship and in the use of our facilities. Each parish/community will need to consider its own readiness and capacity to address the lifting of restrictions.
- Masks are mandatory in indoor spaces including at worship, except when consuming food and beverages or presiding at the table.
- Signage at all entrances regarding face coverings is required.
- Continued availability and use of hand sanitizer and wipes.
- Worship services continue to be capped at 50% capacity unless proof of vaccination is required to attend, in which case full capacity is permitted.
- Proof of vaccination must be shown at all indoor events, with the exception of worship services of 50% capacity or less. Those who are not vaccinated are asked to continue to worship online only.
- Eucharist in one kind only.
- Visitation guidelines for long-term care facilities remain in effect. One-on-one communion permitted (bread only).
- Greeters only at distance.
- Respectful distancing except with family groups or established bubbles.
- Sharing of the peace through smiling and nodding.
- Singing is permitted outdoors or indoors when all are masked and distanced. Singing must always be approached with caution as it is a high-risk activity.
- Coffee/social gathering with a safety plan outlining how food and beverages will be handled. Masking and proof of vaccination required.
- Weddings and funeral receptions. Masking and proof of vaccination required.
- Pastoral care home visits. Masking required. Vaccination of pastoral visitors strongly recommended.
- Ash Wednesday imposition of ashes.
It is recommended that hospitality be limited to coffee/snacks only until March 15 when Public Health issues it’s next update. Please refrain from hosting a Shrove Tuesday dinner and other community meals.